Sunday 13 May 2012

Birdie wardrobe scenter

I bought some lovely fabric this weekend - one of the patterns from Amy Butler's re-issued Gypsy Caravan range. The name sounds so romantic that alone was enough to attract me, but the patterns really are lovely too!



Anyway, I decided to use a small amount to make a hanging scenter. Feeling brave, I attempted a bird shape. I hand drew the shape outline myself first on paper, and then cut it out to use as a template. I machine sewed the two sides together, right sides facing inwards, leaving a gap along the top of the back so that I could turn the shape right side out and add the filling and the ends of the ribbon.


I used some dried lavendar which I bought from a craft shop for the filling, some pink satin ribbon and hand sewed the opening closed.

I'm quite pleased with the result, and it smells gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!