Thursday 7 June 2012

Granny on the bed

I have finally finished my granny square throw, and its now in pride of place on the bed!

This turned out to be quite an expensive project. I'll have to remember this the next time I choose yarn for something like this. However, it was well worth the time and effort as the throw really brightens up the room. Looking at it, I almost can't believe I made it myself. Its the sort of thing I normally get craft envy from seeing on someone else's blog or site!

So here are the pictures:



 

 The granny square pattern came from a recent issue of Mollie Makes, in case you were wondering: the May issue. The smaller squares which you can see around the edge of the throw in the second picture were made exactly as given in the pattern (using different size yarn and hook). The larger squares, I simply made by adding rounds.

I made 54 large squares (8 rows of 6 squares) and 42 smaller squares which give a border to the longer sides, and then finished the whole project off by doing one more round of granny treble all the way around the edge.

Yarn used: Rowan Amy Butler Belle Organic Aran 5x pink, 5x lilac, 5x aubergine, 5x tomato red, 5x turqouise, 11x cream
Hook size: 4.5mm

On a different note..

It felt pretty grim making the commute back into London for the first time since the long weekend today. I had George Harrison on my iPod, reminding me that all things must pass, and darkness only lasts a nighttime. I hope he was right -not for my own life which would be rather pathetic - I'm eternally grateful that my life is what it is -I have no real fears or worries, not compared to others. It made me think of all the terrible things which are happening in the world right now. I hope the light comes again for those people who are suffering now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!