Thursday 30 August 2012

Crochet flowers pattern

This has been back to work week for me, after my week's holiday. Getting up when that alarm goes off has not been easy! I feel like I've somehow had even less time that I normally would in a working week to do the things I love in the evenings. I guess its just been a busy week.

But, one thing I wanted to try and do this week was post the pattern for my crochet flowers, so here goes:



Small flower

Make 5 chain and join into a ring
Round 1: Work 2 dc into each dc from round 1.
Round 2: Slip stitch into first dc from previous round, work 1 half treble and 1 treble into next stitch, work 1 treble and 1 half treble into next stitch, work 1 slip stitch into next stitch.
This makes 1 petal worked over 4 stitches. Repeat four more times to create 5 petals in total. Slip stitch into first stitch of round to finish and fasten off.

Large flower

Make 5 chain and join into a ring.
Round 1: Work 10 dc into ring and slip stitch into first dc to complete round.
Round 2: Chain 7, miss 1 dc, 1 treble into next dc. *Work 4 chain, miss 1 dc, 1 treble into next dc. Repeat from * to end of round, ending by slip stitching into 3rd of 7 chain made at start of round. Creates 5 chain spaces.
Round 3: Into each chain space from last round work: 1dc, 1 half treble, 1 treble, 2 double treble, 1 treble, 1 half treble, 1 dc. Slip stitch into first dc of round to finish and fasten off.

To make up, layer one small flower on top of one large flower and stitch into place.



These are the flowers which I used to make my crochet flower patch cushion cover. I used dk yarn and a 3.5mm hook, but you should be able to make them with any weight yarn and appropriate hook size.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love your tutorials and have successfully followed a number of your patterns. I'm struggling with this flower though. The large flower is fine but I can't work out the small one. You say to do 2dc into each dc from the previous round but the previous round is just 5 chain stitches. Is this a mistake? Sorry if I'm being dumb I only started crochet a couple of months ago! Thanks,
    Myrtle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!