Sunday 7 October 2012

Collecting, crocheting and boxie pouches

It has been a heck of a week again for me with my coursework, and that's why its been a little quiet on here lately. I have so much studying to do I don't have much time at all for crafting. Sad, but necessary until the end of November, which isn't long now.

So, this is a bit of a round up of what I have been doing in the last couple of weeks. I normally would split this over a few posts, but I'm condensing due to lack of time!

Crochet hexagon blanket


It feels like ages ago since I first posted on here that I was attempting this. Well, I'm still working on it, though progress feels slow!




I'm taking a modular approach now - rather than making rows and sewing them on one at a time, I'm making clusters of hexagons as kind of modules then fitting them together.

Collecting china

I spotted some lovely cups and saucers on eBay the other week, and had to have them! They are Elizabethan Carnaby - I just love the retro floral pattern and colours on them. They have pride of place on the dresser at the moment. I'm afraid the colours don't show up so well in a photo. I think may favourite is the turquoise purple mix (bottom), though I like the autumnal feel of the orange, yellow and amber mix too (second from bottom)!





Boxie pouches






I discovered a sewing tutorial for these boxie pouches a couple of weeks ago and have since made 2 pouches - I love them! Once you get the hang of it, they are so quick and easy to make. I think every lady and possible all females work colleagues will be getting one of these for Christmas this year!

1 comment:

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!