Tuesday 1 January 2013

A new year!

Happy New Year everyone! I've had a bit of a break from blog-land - I've been away at S's place to see in the new year since last week, and it has been lovely. I hope you all had a fab time whatever you did last night, and wish everyone the best for 2013.

Naturally just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been knitting or crocheting! On Christmas Eve, I managed to finish my most recent knitting project, Emma, from the MillaMia book Country Escape.


Country Escape is the first book of adult knitting patterns from MillaMia. I've never tried their yarn or patterns before, not having had much occassion to knit for children.


However, now that I have finished this top I can honestly say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love everything about it, from yarn to pattern, to look when worn.

The pattern is brilliantly simple and easy to follow. It uses 3 needle cast off for the shoulder seams, a technique I love.

The yarn is soooo soft! It felt soft whilst I was knitting it up, but I can tell you that once I had given the finished garment its first wash, it really became baby soft. This top is a total luxury to wear. I used the recommended yarn, MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino, in midnight and snow.

The fit - well, I was a little worried whilst making it, because there is no side seam shaping in this pattern. The boxy look given by rectangular knitted garments doesn't usually work that well for me as I'm quite small and need fitted things really. But, for whatever reason it works here! It love it on - its relaxed but still a little glamorous and can be dressed up or down with accessories.

Well done MillaMia, I'll definately be on the lookout for your next adult patterns!


This isn't all I have been up to the last week or so, but I feel this is enough for one post. More tomorrow I think! Here's a sneaky preview though....


And before you wonder, no I haven't forgotten about the Vintage Pink throw I started before Christmas either - I have grand plans for a lovely frilly edging - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!