Sunday 27 January 2013

Blue skies

Today there were blue skies over London and the South East - finally! After so long of cold and grey and slush and snow it was lovely to see the sunshine - it really made my heart sing.

This week I have been using up scraps of pink DK yarn to make the ripple stitch cushion cover from Nikki Trench's Cute and Easy Crochet. I had to adapt the pattern slightly as its written for aran weight yarn, not dk. 


Here is a little preview - I'll show a proper picture when it's finished - hopefully next week.


I've also been on a yarn shopping trip for a new project - a blanket from a pattern seen on Coco Rose, Millie Makes and on Ravelry (the pattern is by Millie Makes):

 
So much fun to make!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful all those pinks! I am making my first granny sq blanket. I love the sqs yr making to have fun I will be back to see more ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Thank you so much for this and your other kind comments today. I hope you enjoy making your granny square blanket - I will have to pop along to your blog and take a peek!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!