Tuesday 21 May 2013

Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging (but not craft!)

Any regular visitors to this blog know that I usually aim to post about once a week. However, I don't like to post if I feel like I don't really have anything to say, or anything new to share with you.


I think I mentioned on a recent post that I had been having some tough times in the last few weeks. Well, that made me feel like I just didn't have the energy to post. But, I'm lucky enough to have some tremendously supportive people in my life and I'm already feeling much better. As I have probably said many times before here, I always find crochet and knitting to be a soothing distraction from whatever is troubling me.


So, as well as finishing my pastel throw I have been working on a new hexagon blanket. I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll save full details for another time. The pictures above show a sneak peek!

On Sunday, I finally managed to finish my pastel hexagon throw, and posted a pattern for this, which some of you may have seen already. Some of you lovely readers have been kind enough to post some very positive comments already. Thank you so much for those comments - they really do mean a lot to me. It feels great to know that other people can get enjoyment and inspiration from the things I post here. 

Comments are aso great, as they make you feel part of a community - and that was really why I started blogging!

Now, my lack of energy and stress has sadly also meant that I haven't stopped by any of my own favourite blogs for a while. Well, I'm going to try and remedy that today! I have a lovely day off work today, though so look out, I may be stopping by your blog and leaving you an admiring comment or two!

One final word - I wanted to share with you the glorious, gorgeous yarn bundle that has just arrived in the post!

 

Stay happy, and keep on crocheting!

xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx xxx xx

 
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Your hexagons are very pretty as is your new stash of lovely yarn in such a wonderful array of colors.. Have a Happy day. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed with your stash of hexagons - your blanket is going to look fab x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colours in your new hexagon blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love all of these colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!