Tuesday 20 August 2013

Borough Market

If you're ever in the London Bridge area on a Saturday, I recommend stopping by Borough Market. Even if you're not buying anything, it's a really great place to look around. S and I had a mosey there on Saturday. There is so much colour and amazing looking produce - I really wish I was more inclined to cook!
 
We saw lots of yummy looking chocolates and cakes:
 
 
Purple and yellow cauliflowers - one of my favourite colour combinations!:
 
 
Loads of varieties of wild mushroom:
 
 
Lots of glossy purple aubergines - very autumnal colours
 
 
and garlic! I love the colour on this garlic actually - purple white and pale green - it looks so delicate.
 
 
We also poked our heads in at Southwark Cathedral:
 
 
Phew, I think that's enough - I actually took waaay more pictures than this, but I can't share them all - I get a bit snap happy sometimes!
 
Hope you're having a good week so far - see you again soon.
 


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Loving these photos, especially of the vegetables! I've never seen yellow cauliflowers before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - all the colourful veg is great isn't it?!

      Jen x

      Delete
  2. I would really love to go to Borough market one day, it looks fantastic. Your photos are lovely, those cauliflowers are very unusual!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get the chance to go sometime - it's great fun, even if you don't buy anything - though it is rather crowded!

      Jen x

      Delete
  3. That is some market Jen! Beautiful fruit and so nicely laid out too - of course! The stained glass window is just beautiful, as is your lovely pink rose - thank you for your sharing!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Borough Market is a visual delight as much as it is a delight for the taste-buds! The stalls always have free samples being handed around, so you can probably fill yourself up without needing to buy anything!

      Jen x

      Delete

I love to read all your comments, so if you have a question to ask or just something to say, please leave me a message and I'll reply!